1. Travel
Charlyn Keating

Real Ghost Pictures...?

By October 7, 2004

Is it possible to take a picture of a ghost? I didn't give it much thought before I came across some fascinating pictures from my trip through historic hotels in Germany. I discovered pictures of orbs, small round spots invisible to the naked eye that some believe represent paranormal energy.

Pictures of ghostly orbs abound on the Internet. You can even take your own ghost pictures, if you are so inclined. But are pictures of orbs real ghost pictures?

What Are Orbs?
First, a little background. Orbs are round spots that appear in a picture once it has been developed (or in the case of a digital camera, once the picture is taken). They are not visible to the naked eye. Orbs move around and can be captured in motion on video, leaving white streaks behind.

Is an orb a ghost?
Opinions are divided. Orbs are one of the most hotly disputed topics in the paranormal investigation community, and theories abound. Some believe orbs represent real ghosts. In terms of energy and the world of physics, a circle is the shape which takes the least amount of energy to form. A more defined form, such as a face or an entire body, would take vastly more energy.

Others theorize that orbs are not really ghosts, but rather energy being transferred from another source, such as a powerline or even a child, to a spirit so it can manifest in the physical world. This theory links the presence of orbs to the EMT readings taken during paranormal events.

Still others point to the possibility of some other paranormal phenomenon, such as a poltergeist or even aliens.

Is There a Non-Supernatural Explanation for Orbs?
Yes, and even those who believe orb photos represent paranormal activity admit that many so-called orb photos are actually false. Skeptics point to several factors that can create a "false orb," including airborne dust particles, water droplets or pollen reflecting off the sunlight or camera flash. Many pictures of orbs are taken in cemeteries, where the photographers are likely to have kicked up particles just by walking around. One group of researchers took pictures in a cemetery and a football field on the same night, and found "orbs" in both sets of photos. Skeptics also traditionally pointed to possible film processing errors, but with the proliferation of digital cameras, this objection has faded.

So are orbs pictures of real ghosts? Judge for yourself.

Ready to take your own ghost pictures?

Check in to a haunted hotel

Comments
October 6, 2007 at 9:15 pm
(1) JD says:

The pictures of all the orbs are not ghost it is drit that is in the air I have a friend that gets the samething when she takes pictures

October 16, 2007 at 8:34 pm
(2) Amber says:

Ok i believe that it is a ghost or maybe i should say energy being taken from thee Camera most likely ….i sya this because there is a haunted place a hour away from where i live its called “Buckhill” its in wilno ontario and i took a picture and in the distance i noticed a light in the picture i would have to say it was atleast a good 50 meters away in the pic so i put it on my computer and zoomed in on it….it was an orb and it was brighter then any orb ive ever seen …..anyways the “ghost” you are to see up here is an old man who searched the road up and down for his daughter until he died….it was in the winter time during the depression when he went to go out and look for fire wood his daughter had ran out after the dog when he returned she was gone and he never gave up trying to find her….you now see this man walking up and down the hill with a lantern and comes at you at speeds no human could go….i have seen it myself,…..point of the story right after i took that picture we seen who we call Buck (the ghost) comming up the hill infront of us with his lantern we all got in the car and sped out of there the light of the lantern did not disapear until we got like 2 feet away from it then it fanished…point is orbs are real…my uncle is a perfessional photographer and he also makes cameras and he said there is no way for a digital camera to screw up like that

October 16, 2007 at 8:35 pm
(3) Amber says:

Vanished*

November 3, 2007 at 6:18 pm
(4) Irma says:

I can see the orbs sometimes without a camera,is like a little ball of light that flys around me.
I just discoverd last week that people call them orbs, I found out this on the internet.
I started paying atention on my photos and what a surprise they are in every single photo specialy when I am closer or in the photo.
this last halloween, we took lot of photos on the street, and I found out that in each photo there are lots of orbs, and we came home, after closin our small restaurant. I told my son to took photos on our way home throu the window with the high speed of the camera.
And we descoverd that the orbs were all around our car.
This is new and very interesting for me.
Is been less that a week since I found out many people can see or photograph the orbs.

January 5, 2008 at 12:03 am
(5) Kelly says:

I have shot 2 images of spirits in a screened window. When I show people these images, they get scared or emotional because it is something they don’t see every day. My spirits actually posed for me. I was able to identify one of them. I am a ghost hunter who likes to see what I can capture. I use digital, film, and disposable cameras. See my review on Myrtles Plantation on Trip Advisor (January 1, 2008). How do I feel about orbs? I have caught moving orbs in a “dead silent” house; I have caught transparent orbs; I have caught solid orbs; and recently, at Myrtles, I caught mist and facial images in the famous mirror. I have had my pictures analyzed by paranormal teams; by ghost hunting societies who have told me my spirits are optical illusions; and those that claim that orbs are camera defects. My personal opinion on all of this is this … I shot 2 real ghost spirits with visible images in a screened window. The house was dead silent at the time. I have to tell you … I am not sure what “type” of ghost energy an orb is … however, I can verify that I have been on haunted properties with activity and have seen or captured on film the “real deal” with my own hands. That’s my take on all of this.

January 18, 2008 at 4:27 am
(6) Gerard says:

I have always had a strong interest in ghosts and spirits. When I learned of the many ghost websites several years ago, I was drawn to them with excitement. As much as I wanted to believe in the verifiability of the photos of ghosts and orbs, I still felt a wee bit skeptical.
I set out to old portions of my town, abandoned buildings, and many cemeteries to try to take pictures with both film and digital cameras. For months, I tried, but, there weren’t any anomalies to be found in my
photos.
It wasn’t until I took some pictures late one night; as my wife, Helen, and I were packing items in order for us to move out of state. I snapped several photos of my progress outside to show my wife who was busy inside. I was able to connect our digital camera to the television for viewing.
We were absolutely floored when we saw a large curved white streak swooped across screen, with a ball of light at its head. One can clearly see the orb at the beginning, and the same orb at different positions
within the streak, showing it at various points in motion. There were light sources about, as this picture was taken
at night; but, as I mentioned before, this streak was curved (unless there was a black hole nearby, the light could only go in straight line). If there is any question of
the orb being a dust particle or a flying insect, then, by comparison to other items in the picture, it would have to have been the size of a soccer ball. There was another picture of a large orb and it’s tail of light, as well as one of a mist in a shed, which were taken the same night. We moved from that home two days later; after the property had been in the family for over 25
years. My wife’s parents had lived there before they passed away. She believes orbs are good spirits, family who crossed over, and even Angels who are around us everyday. She feels the orbs in the pictures are her parents making themselves know to us, perhaps saying ‘good-bye.’ I have taken pictures with orbs present in our new home, and I feel better knowing that they always with us.

February 21, 2008 at 8:41 pm
(7) SERS says:

OKAY I believe in Ghost…the semi-invisible things…not orbs, hey seem to me to jus be ‘white spots’, who ever said that orbs are a sign of ghost.
PLUS, why is it people sometimes can see ghost & not the so called ‘ORBS’….I’d like an answer please….Sers

February 26, 2008 at 5:29 pm
(8) Tim says:

There are no such things as ghosts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The things you see are elutions! Or they are real?????????????????????? I’ll get back to you!!!!!!!!!

March 13, 2008 at 5:08 pm
(9) yolanda says:

Hey people out there if you have ghosts in your house you better move. if you dont stuff is going to happen. trust me my friend lala has a haunted house and guess what her cousin died 2 weeks later she moved there. REMEMBER THEY KILL DONT NEVER SAY I DONT BELIEVE IN GHOSTS OR ELSE THERE COMING AND MORE…….

April 24, 2008 at 7:35 pm
(10) Jessie says:

ppl who thinks ghosts are fake are incredibly STUPID!!!!!!!

April 29, 2008 at 7:34 pm
(11) kelly lew says:

I love to have discussion’s with people about orbs! I have seen things all my life and for me these things are natural. Hasn’t it been scientificly proven that that we as humans radiate energy?! And energy can’t be destroyed! correct? So therefore when a person dies where does this ‘engery’ go?
Another thing to look at is the human brain produces 10 watts of electricity who’s to say that some of the orb pictures aren’t infact thought forms created by the person taking the picture. Sure there are some explainable orb pictures such as dust, moisture etc but there are many out there that can’t be explained! The natural form of the universe is a circle (or oval) look at the cosmos! the planets, all created by a powerful force of energy. I have captured pink orbs, blue ones red ones. If its dust or moisture (and these have been taken in the daylight as well as night) then why would they be reflecting a colour??? wouldn’t they just reflect back the light of the flash and stay white?
That’s right we should all keep an open mind about these things and not get too crazy about it but to remember that there is two sides to a fence!

May 1, 2008 at 2:28 am
(12) kelly lew says:

who ever said that people dont see orbs???? i do and have done all my life but never gave it a name. For me they aren’t in colour (white like on camera )though, mainly grey or black depending on the speed!

May 12, 2008 at 3:27 am
(13) Loretta says:

Hi, I had taken so many pictures and I believe my cafe was haunted. The orbs just appeared in the cafe, great orange orbs, in one of my pictures, an image could be seen from the orbs. An impish face was seen in the orb!
I wish someone could help me analyze my pictures and determine the cause.

People thing say my camera has fungi….that’s impossible!!!

June 8, 2008 at 9:34 pm
(14) Indy says:

Well I just took a photo at night, a few night ago. That has a lime green orb, how can pollen or dirt explain that?

July 11, 2008 at 6:54 pm
(15) cat says:

To this so called Indy. I personally think you’re an idiot. Pollen can be green. We get it if you have alot of pine trees around. look closely and learn how to type properly.

July 24, 2008 at 11:56 pm
(16) thinsurface says:

Even as a member of a paranormal investigation team, I still tend to debate the issue as to whether or not orbs are something other than “explainable”. I have mixed feelings on the issue, and tend to lean a little heavier to one side of the debate. (However, we have other members of our team who truly believe that there is a distinctive difference between dust and a spiritual orb).

We have a pretty interesting orb picture posted on our forum, if you would like to see it. It was taken at Little Crater Lake the day after one of our investigations.

August 5, 2008 at 1:21 pm
(17) kitten says:

i just think the “orbs” in this picture are just simply specks of dust

September 14, 2008 at 1:00 am
(18) Kiroko says:

I took a picture ,and I cant seem to get any answers if it is a ghost or not. I was wondering if you could help me. ^-^ Please and Thank You
~Kiroko~

October 4, 2008 at 11:07 am
(19) ttyl says:

i believe in ghost

October 7, 2008 at 2:15 am
(20) shreya says:

i do belive in ghost because one day i was walking on the road a saw an old rusty car miles away from me then after 3 secounds i turned around and saw the car right behind me then in that car i saw my friend and she asked me if she could drop me home then i said yes then the next day at school i said thanks for the ride yestarday then she said what ride and i said for droping me of and she said what the hell are you talking about then i said didnt you drop me off yestarday and she said no then i suddenly turned around and looked and there was something in black which was floating then i dont know what happend but then i had a black out for couple of weeks i was at hospital if you want to know more about this story please email shreya99@live.com.au

November 23, 2008 at 3:22 pm
(21) k says:

i’m a paranormal ivestagator from my experences mostly all so called orbs are just dust. you can’t base a haunting on 1 picture in less you have more evidence to back it up with

December 7, 2008 at 5:01 pm
(22) Caitie says:

okay the top right corner looks like a smudge on the camera and the other well idk about that one…

December 8, 2008 at 12:25 pm
(23) Sarah says:

to me, it looks just like some dust in the air, or your camara is dirty =/

December 13, 2008 at 10:52 pm
(24) Kylie says:

I bileve in ghosts and those orbs cose I’ve seen them with my own to eyes……

December 17, 2008 at 5:04 am
(25) vicent says:

well i thing ghost are human bengans .

March 6, 2009 at 1:20 am
(26) fedelyn cherry s. manzano says:

actually i dont really believe in ghosts because i think that the “orbs” found are just water sprouted in the camera lens. its true!!!!!!!

May 6, 2009 at 7:58 pm
(27) Kip says:

First, if you people are going to post on here, learn some grammer and learn how to spell. Otherwise people will think you are an idiot.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter what you think these orbs are, that doesn’t make it so. I was curious, I had heard many things. So I took and example (of a real photo with one of these spots) to a professional photographer. Ever wonder why you don’t see this on professional photos? (They clean their lenses) Yes, s/he will tell you (like some of the comments you saw) this is nothing more than dust / dirt on the lense. It is blurry because the lense if focused on the subject not on the spec of dust on the lense.

May 8, 2009 at 1:04 am
(28) stephanie says:

I have always seen what people call orbs. I have seen them since I was a child and I am now in my 30′s. I never told anyone because I thought they were dust but they move in different directions and sometimes just stop and others move. Very inconsistent movement. Anyway I never told anyone because I figured they would think I was crazy but we can see them in photo’s so it isn’t just me. Thank you to all the people that admit to seeing them too. They are usually around my cats in photos which I find strange. I had them more in my house in the midwest where we were by a cematary. I live in a new house with no cematary close by. I don’t think I have seen them in my photo’s in this house so it is not my camra.

May 21, 2009 at 2:27 pm
(29) James Zeman says:

Go near a table that hasn’t been dusted in a while. Take a picture. Stir up dust. Take a picture. Do you actually think you just stirred up a bunch of ghosts???

June 12, 2009 at 1:53 pm
(30) MIsty says:

Ok, if ‘all orbs are dust/dirt in the air’, then why doesn’t every single photograph in the world contain them?

Can someone explain that to me?

June 18, 2009 at 2:03 pm
(31) Traveler says:

leave experiences, it’s all about stuff and just things of mistakes and wrong, Near your home, near your garden, You Are Wrong, believe me, I had thoughts about what happened in my room last night, Somehow my lamp in my room was exploded, I hear the terrible sound of the explosion, I was think that there was a supernatural power who broke my lamp, And i still not sure again if it was a supernatural power or there was problem with my lamp, I have to check this for good.

June 18, 2009 at 5:52 pm
(32) Erika says:

these ‘orbs’ are just dust particles floating in the air. or they could be a bug, or lint, or just ur cameras flash reflecting off of something, or just the camera catcing the light in the wrong way. if you look in any picture you most of the time you will find them. depending were you or your camera is at. a real orb (a ball of energy) would be a much solider shape, and very bright (self luminescent) , almost like a flashlights light. (i watch T.A.P.S) Lol.

August 8, 2009 at 1:27 am
(33) Pam says:

Ok, I’m new to this but I have a question…. My husband and I are looking to purchase a piece of property up in CT. It’s about six acres. As he was walking the property last week to take some photos he came across two “mounds” About seven ft long and three to four feet high. On these mounds were rocks, obviously placed on top of the mounds. There would be no explaination on why they would be placed so perfectly. He continued in the woods to take more pictures. Upon arriving home and downloading my pictures, I noticed on three of the pictures that there was a bright circle. It didn’t make sense to me. I’ve read about pollen,dust and other things it could be, but being that it looked liked two “graves” were buried there freaked me out a little bit. Any suggestions on what it could be?

December 26, 2009 at 3:23 pm
(34) joseph says:

some orbs in pictures are dust particle specially if you using digital camera , the best way to capture spirit orb is by using video camera where the sirit orb moves quit fast

January 7, 2010 at 1:49 am
(35) karol says:

i have taken numerous photos of my mums loungeroom at night or day and theyre always there….its getting to a point of annoyance as theyre in every photo….are they truly ghosts? theres heaps of hanky panky going on in her house will that eventually get worse

January 10, 2010 at 10:30 pm
(36) freakdout, says:

maybe this has nothing to do with ghost,but once when i was around 13 i remember riding in the back seat of the van on the way home,and i looked to my left of the van outside the window,and i see a white orb,floating right by the car,for about 5 or 6 seconds then it fades away? and i had it happend agian i cannot remember exactly where,but i knew it happend after school on my way home again,the orb had a slight tail and it was white.i know it sounds like sperm lol but i know what i saw was real.???? annyone had annything similar.

February 9, 2010 at 9:43 pm
(37) Ian says:

I have seen dark shadows move around since I was a kid there everywhere and as for orbs 20 or 30 types have been identified as dust or other natural causes but there are thousands of them that have not. Even top scientists are convinced there’s something beyond as they are happy to plough thousands of pounds into investigating it.

February 25, 2010 at 2:19 pm
(38) Handsome says:

People you have got to do reaserch I think everyone that says ghost are not real need serious help I for one can verify that ghost are real I have encounterd one before

March 19, 2010 at 5:39 am
(39) ~T~ says:

Thank you for sharing your pictures and stories of these orbs you’ve found.

I also have found pictures with orbs in them. I’ve taken very quick, successive pictures with my cam corder where you can set it to take 10 quick pictures and had only 1 of those pictures in the very middle show up with numerous orbs and the picture immediately before and after were perfectly clear. It’s very bizarre, to say the least!

Although I don’t have any of those pictures at the moment, I would like to share this particular picture I took back in 1999 while on a trip with friends to Vegas.

Just in case the URL doesn’t post, I’ll put it here too. Please have a look and you can send me an e-mail with a reply if you’d like.

Also, I didn’t mention in my info on this picture that after seeing this image, I tried to recreate the image by going to different dark places at night. Some with a lot of light, some with a little bit of light. Some with cigarette smoke, some with steam very close or right nearby. I tried recreating this picture in numerous ways and cannot seem to recreate this type of image again! I’ve tried numerous times of the year as well.

I sent this picture to The International Ghost Hunter’s Society. They replied that there were several paranormal anomalies in this image.

I’m not laying claim to this being a ghost or ghosts, but it sure is an interesting photo.

Here’s the link again:

Also my e-mail address is FireFytingNut@sbcglobal.net

March 19, 2010 at 5:57 am
(40) ~T~ says:

Ok it didn’t put the link on here for that image. Let me try this:

If that doesn’t work, here’s another:
[IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/FireFytingNut/Ghost%20or%20no%20ghost/WEIRD.jpg[/IMG]

Hopefully one of those comes up :)

March 30, 2010 at 4:12 pm
(41) Taylor says:

My dad recently passed away and my mom, my brother, and I were at my grandma’s house for dinner and I took a few pictures of me and my mom on my phone, in one of them, there is a circle on the wall, my grandma has no decorations, vents, etc where we took the picture, so what could this be? The circle looks like it gets lighter towards the center of the shape. Is this an orb?? Please reply if you know because I’m extremely curious about it – thanks

May 14, 2010 at 7:17 am
(42) Mitch majors says:

Ok,untill about three weeks ago i would have laughed this “orb” thing off dismissed it as any rashonal person most likely would, and folks im the biggest sceptic possible in that realm, but please someone out there that can denigh what i now have in my possesion, i then after my 47 years of absolute non- believing have been handed the truth!! I am not afraid of the Enity i have on film,because of my christion faith how ever if anyone wants proof beond the shadow of a doubt…i have it the the way and means of my obtaining these pics are in great complexity so at this point i wont go in to how i aquired them if someone out there could give me any rational explnation for these unbeilevable immiges of not only several “orbs” but several imiges of people spirits whatever thay are that manifest themselves iin differant positions and locations befor ur own eyes ini a set of kitchen curtains at first i tryed to make since of it to no avail… Honestly i never believed in ghost cuz ive never seen one,now….. I have…the omly thing i can seem to conclude with is where there is dark there is lite, where there is good there is bad…and so forth without that how would we know the differance? If someone can use these for the good fight thay can have them i myself am not interested in the summoning of spirits in my world thats the dark side if u seek ye shall find!! Please feel free to contact me in this matter anyone! I did not know where else to turn thanx

August 9, 2010 at 10:32 pm
(43) Dianna says:

My fascination started when at 12:30 in the afternoon I saw a full blown black shadow walk through my living room and go into my office that was shaped just like the man that had died that lived next door to me for over 12 yrs. Ever since then I have had doors slam, lights go on and off, and my son even heard a voice in our downstair bathroom one night telling him to “hurry up”. He doesn’t drink, no drugs, nothing. That freaked me out.

I have stayed on the Queen Mary several times. Every time I do something strange happens. My husband and I stayed there a few weeks ago and we had the covers slide off our bed during the night (my husband always holds tightly onto the covers because he gets cold). I remember sort of waking up around 5:00 and being freezing. I woke my husband and asked him where the comforter had gone for the bed. He got up, turned on the light, and found that the comforter was neatly spead across the floor at the foot of the bed. Really strange! We still can’t figure out how that happened. I don’t know how (whatever it was) got those covers off of us without me feeling it. I am a very light sleeper. I also got the voice of “Jackie” on an EVP at the 1st class pool calling my name. We were on the 11:00 pm Paranormal Ghost Tour. Nobody on that tour knew my name. It was a really high pitched, little girl voice that sounded like something out of a horror movie. I also came in contact with John Pedder, the ships Fireman/cleaner,an 18 yr. old boy that got trapped in a 700 lb. watertight door during a routine fire drill in the engine room and died Sunday, July 6, 1966. My husband and I went down to the Engine Room in the afternoon and I was calling out to John Pedder asking him how he died and right then the fire alarm went off. Later I found out that he had gotten crushed in the door during a routine fire drill. On another tour I whispered into my digital recorder for John to give the people on the tour a nice big bang on the condenser that the tour explained to the people is his way of communicating with people that are alive, and darn if he didn’t do it. I almost passed out. I mean it was right on cue. He also set the condenser off twice during that trip when I walked through Door #13 in the boiler room. That was the door he got crushed in. I thought I was going to have a heart attack, it was so loud, oh, and, it’s not even a condenser that is hooked up and operable.

If you really want a scare, stay at Hotel Del in Rm. 3519, the maid’s quarters, or at The Myrtles in St. Francisville, Louisiana. At the Del we really got the heck scared out of us on Valentine’s Night a couple of years ago. We decided to go to Hotel Del after having a nice dinner just to be spontaneous. After checking in I asked my husband if we could have a little seance. He thought I was nuts, but didn’t believe anything would happen, so he humored me by saying yes. We quickly went down to the gift shop to purchase a candle and “call on” any spirits that might be hanging out in our room. My husband just got in his robe and laid down on the floor while I spoke. I lit the candle and said out loud, “If there are any spirits here please let yourself be known, I don’t want to see you, just let us know you’re here.” I said that about three times and then it sounded like the people above us had just entered their room and were letting their kids stomp their feet on the floor as they were entering the room. It was almost midnight. I looked at my husband and said, “they better not do that all night, they’re ruining my seance.” Well it got real quiet, so I assumed they went to sleep so I resumed asking. Again, came the five loud boom, boom,boom, boom, boom on our ceiling! I said to my husband, OK, that’s it, if they do it again, we’re calling security. And man, it sounds like they are wearing moon boots, it’s so loud. I couldn’t believe they were being that rude. Well sure enough, I tried again to call on the spirits, quietly, and the 5 booms came again. It was right above our bed where the ceiling meets the wall. I told my husband, “that’s it”, call secuity, I have to go to the restroom. So he gets on the phone, I go to step one foot in the restroom and the glass on the shelf closest to the shower curtain flies straight out from the shelf about three feet and then slams straight down to the floor, right in front of my eyes, and a big chunck landed in the top of my right foot. I absolutely could not believe what I had just seen. I even tried to rationalize that it was somehow vibrations from the kids above us banging on the floor, but no, that darn glass didn’t fall on top of the toilet like it should have, it flew straight out and down in a 90 degree angle. I yelled for my husband, and he said, “Hold on, I’m on the phone with security, did you break a glass?” I yelled back NOOOO!!! Security was there before I could finish explaining to my husband what I had just seen. He was asking how I broke that thick glass into so many pieces? Later he realized it could not have been me, it would have taken a lot of strength to break that glass like that. Meanwhile, security comes knocking. I opened the door with the glass in my foot and immediately asked this giant security guard to, “please go upstairs and ask those people to make their kids stop banging on the floor, or climbing the walls with their moon boots.” I will never forget the look on that mans face. His eyes buldged out of his head, and he turned around to look at the other security guard behind him and I heard that man mumble to him, “I’m not going in that room.” I said,”What did he say?” This giant man looked down at me and said, “Lady, I would, but there is no room no above you.” I’ve never fainted in my life, but I gotta tell ya, I almost did at that moment. I was so shook up about the glass, trying to figure out what the heck I just saw, and then this guy tells me the loud banging above us was not from humans. I asked him if there was an attic, a closet, does the hotel have giant rats that wear moon boots? He said, “No mame.” He told me to look out the window, you are on the top floor, on the eve.” I thought I was going to drop dead. At that moment I told him, “I don’t care how much I paid for this room,if I hear one more bang I was outta here. Needless to say, we did not get much sleep that night, and that is an experience I will never forget, at least the black shadow figure of my next door neighbor didn’t try to hurt me or scare me to death with a glass!!! Hense the saying, “be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.” Well we certainly did that night, and I don’t think I’m gonna be asking again for them to let me know if they are there. If they decide to present themselves, well that’s one thing, but it’s not a good idea to “call on them.”

We live in San Diego, and continue to go to these places because now I am on a quest to find out what these things are, and why I am having these experiences, when I didn’t even believe in ghosts before my next door neighbor decided to “show himself.”

Fair warning, be careful out there.

February 15, 2011 at 5:43 pm
(44) Tony says:

i have a photo from a vacation and I need to know if its real so if you can email me hodson2010@live.com

thanks.

March 22, 2011 at 1:41 pm
(45) meowrie says:

Hotel Del Coronado,
I stayed in room 3519, March 16 2011.

We left an orange on the counter above the refrigerator before we went to bed. It was in the refrigerator in the morning.

I had two small bottles of water next to the bed. In the middle of the night I briefly smelt a sweet scent passing by the bed. In the morning one of the bottles was missing…never to be found.

I have balance problems. In the morning I was standing next to bed and had a sensation as if someone was pasiing too near and I fell into the bed.

When I stood near the closet I had strange, wavy vibrations in my head.

May 24, 2011 at 5:58 pm
(46) Skye Moore says:

ok… let me tell all of yall something… this photo taking of these “orbs” may or may not be a fake… :o rbs” can also be debuncked as dust…. now i wanna know if you REALLY believe tht orbs are NOT visible to the naked eye?
well if you do, think again i have recorded me and my friends investigating some places here in Alabama. i was looking straight at my friend, (Shana) and i SAW THESE ORBS WITH MY OWN EYES….. oh and the orbs in this pic are fake you can tell because the “orbs” arent glowing… orbs are little balls of EM er electro-magnetics… and they glow are these glowing??? NOPE!!!
any comments coments???

July 20, 2011 at 6:03 pm
(47) Dan Sedesse says:

What about the old high school at mirror lake in st.Pete I know that building is haunted for sure

September 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm
(48) Ejaz says:

I was told about it by a friend of mine who is into ghost and paranormal activity, and since my camera was not working I use to take pics by my mobile but last week end since my mother in law was here i clicked pics and found out these strange spots, My friend told me about a place where he got these spots but I got in most of the pics i took one evening and then I noticed some thing else, if you look carefully just in front of flash say 5cm away you can see particles sparkling like diamonds which were causing these spots, but if I take the pic without flash the pics are fine, but the question is – are these dust particles if yes how can they glitter like diamonds in the flash light, in fact I asked my son and wife to look at this and they were puzzled too, In my case I don’t think it has to do any thing with ghosts.

October 15, 2011 at 9:06 pm
(49) Heather says:

Orbs are just dust. I had taken a picture in a hotel room once, “no orbs.” 10 minutes later (after a large pillowfight) in the same room, “orbs” everywhere.

October 20, 2011 at 9:13 pm
(50) claire says:

omg!!! my dad had big white ones around him and we thought it was just his phone and today i was looking at old pics and i found more small ones around family but not friends!!! im scared!!!! :-(

December 26, 2011 at 11:14 pm
(51) Linda Seward says:

I have just recently captured orbs in Nort Dakota but before that in my home,I really need to talk to some one about these pictures because I’ve never seen anything like this (faces in orbs ) clear as day. My father and husband both passed away within 6mo. of each other Then things started happening in my house who can I talk to in person and show them rather then sending them? Thank you Linda Seward

February 22, 2012 at 7:34 am
(52) sarmite says:

I do Bleive in freakey ghosts, I have about 5 orbs in my camera when
I take pictures of my room, One is near my bed, second one is near my TV, Third one is Above the sealing, forth one same above the sealing too and last one is near my mother i toled her to stand near my bed and I toke a picture of her and that why I saw 5 orbs.. so you get me guys XP It was so…. SCARED! damn…

March 17, 2012 at 6:35 pm
(53) jamya says:

Ghost are very I been seeing them since I was 5 years old these ghost well never ever leave me alone!!!!:’(

March 28, 2012 at 2:49 pm
(54) dawn says:

I have been getting these orbs A LOT! I even went to extrems to get it enlarged and I see and angel.. If anyone is interested email me and I will send it crazybebe7@aol.com (old email) but I check it

May 11, 2012 at 4:21 pm
(55) Pam says:

I have taken photographs all my life. I was looking back through family photos recently,taken in many different places. There was never an orb in any of the pictures (about 3000 pics). Even the ones where we got caught in a dust storm in Arizona. But after joining a local investigation group and going to old places in town where the haunted history is long and documented, I have gotten orbs many many times.So what is the difference? And one thing I don’t understand is, when people say “its just dust”, why would the camera magnify a dust particle and not magnify everything else in the pic? If my lens is clean, and there is no dust visible, then how could it be dust? and magnified dust to boot? also, if you take rapid fire pics, why are the orbs in some and not in others of the same scene? I just can’t buy the dust particle theory. Too many unanswered questions. Too many variables. Except one thing: if the place is known to be haunted with repeated sightings, evps, and such, and orbs are present, wouldn’t one tend to think they are spiritual in nature. diffents sizes, different colors, moving here and there with the mel meter going crazy. gotta say ghosts.

May 24, 2012 at 10:52 am
(56) Val says:

I’m from Ontario, Canada, and I have had many experiences with spirits. From lightening bolt figures, to radios turning on and off, to pennies left all over the house. I’ve heard my name being called, and a little boy’s voice speaking to me. More recently I have seen purple, to white orbs around the house and now at work. The pictures I take I always have an orb that is supper plate size compared to the others, and when I’m in the picture it is always around me! I get the dust particle theory, but I always take two pictures, one right after another, and if it is dust particles they would show roughly in the same place on each picture. This doesn’t happen. I love that these are happening. I too live by Buck Hill in Wilno, but have never been. Hopefully soon.

October 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm
(57) LittleSmoke Woman says:

Yep!!!! There are ‘spirit’ orbs. I have seen them, now! I have always been a skeptic, but today I took photos of hundreds of them. I don’t know if they are ‘ghosts’, but they are for sure supernatural and NOT dust particles! I think many of you are correct; that they are an ‘energy’ and maybe that is how ‘ghosts’ start out, as a faint circle that one can see through, but one can tell that there is something different within the circle, it is slightly foggier than the background, then the perimeter gets sparklier and bighter and the center becomes thicker, like fog and one can see colors within in it- ultra-violet being in many that I saw today, but also, I saw, green, blue, pink, yellow and very bright white. Maybe if they keep getting energy, they could manifest a figure, face, clothing, ect. I know that I didn’t NOTICE any orbs while I was taking the pictures, either with my eye or through the lens! My digital is auto, 14mgp with 5x zoom and pretty much brand-new. The lens retracts and is enclosed when not in use and I don’t think that it can get dirty!

October 27, 2012 at 9:36 pm
(58) LittleSmokeWoman says:

Yep!!!! There are ‘spirit’ orbs. I have seen them, now! I have always been a skeptic, but today I took photos of hundreds of them. I don’t know if they are ‘ghosts’, but they are for sure supernatural and NOT dust particles! I think many of you are correct; that they are an ‘energy’ and maybe that is how ‘ghosts’ start out, as a faint circle that one can see through, but one can tell that there is something different within the circle, it is slightly foggier than the background, then the perimeter gets sparklyier and brighter and the center becomes thicker, like fog and one can see colors within in it- ultra-violet being in many that I saw today, but also, I saw, green, blue, pink, yellow and very bright white. Maybe if they keep getting energy, they could manifest a figure, face, clothing, ect. I know that I didn’t NOTICE any orbs while I was taking the pictures, either with my eye or through the lens! My digital is auto, 14mgp with 5x zoom and pretty much brand-new. The lens retracts and is enclosed when not in use and I don’t think that it can get dirty!

October 31, 2012 at 2:28 pm
(59) quesada says:

i saw a ghost in my bathroom.

December 15, 2012 at 3:04 pm
(60) vampiergirl11330 says:

i went out on matselles bridge and a ghost girl that died on it pushed us off im not joking!!!