As the mother of two young boys, I can certainly get onboard with the new bunk bed trend at hotels around the country. And if you associate shacking up in bunks with your youth hostel days, think again. From the nation's capital and New York City to Lake Tahoe, the bunk trend is both funky and fun (and, for the most part, sans snoring strangers). And bunks, of course, mean all the more room to host your entire entourage. Here are a few places to bunk up in style.
- Shack up with up to eight guests at the Basecamp hotel in South Lake Tahoe when you book one of the rooms with two queen beds and two bunk beds.
- New York City hipster hotel the Bowery House gussies up its bunk beds with 300-thread-count sheets. There are dorm-style and private bunk accommodations.
- The Courtyard Marriott in Anaheim accommodates Disney-going families with bunk bed rooms.
- You can bunk up in family suites while seeing the sights in the nation's capital at the Rouge Hotel in Washington, DC.
- Splash, an all-out family-friendly hotel with its own water park on Panama City Beach, has condo-style rooms with bunk beds stashed in an alcove.
- And the Pod Hotel in New York City packs in serious style with bunk beds in compact spaces meant to conjure nautical style.