Just ask any Miami local. The city shines brightest during the annual homage to 20th and 21st century art that plays out every year during Art Basel Miami Beach, the most celebrated art show in the Americas that draws more than 250 galleries from all over the planet to Florida's most sizzling and sophisticated city. The show runs from Dec. 6-9 this year, and public art displays will make just wandering the city streets a pleasure of its own. Of course, Miami's most celebrated hotels get in on the action by hosting a nonstop run of fancy and fun events. Here are a few top addresses for mingling with the international, artistic in-crowd during this year's Basel bash:
- EPIC Hotel (http://hotels.about.com/od/miami/fr/epic.htm)
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach (http://hotels.about.com/od/miami/fr/fountainebleau.htm)
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel (http://hotels.about.com/od/miami/fr/loews_miami.htm)
- Setai (http://hotels.about.com/od/miami/fr/setai.htm)
- Mandarin Oriental Miami (http://hotels.about.com/od/miami/fr/mandarin_miami.htm)
Want more? Check out my extended listing of the best hotels in Miami and Miami Beach.
Image courtesy The Villa by Barton G