Whether or not you plan to venture to the nation's capital for the inauguration of the 44th president of the United States (the 57th presidential inauguration)--and no matter your political affiliation, for that matter--here are some fiscal-cliff inducing inaugural packages being offered at luxury hotels in the country's power corridors, from DC and New York to Los Angeles. Read on for serious suite envy:
- In downtown Washington DC, the newly restored Madison Hotel is running an over-the-top Inaugural Town and Country Package that partners a stay in the city with an escape to Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, VA, about 45 minutes away. The $47,000 price tag, based on double occupancy, includes a $5,000 shopping spree at Brooks Brothers, a personal town car and driver for the length of your stay and a dedicated "social media butler" to help chronicle your experience on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- A four-night $100,000 inaugural package at the Fairmont Washington DC, Georgetown is even more indulgent, with a stay in the Presidential Suite, in-room hair stylists to tame your mane, a midnight champagne and caviar buffet for you and 20 friends when returning from inaugural events and matching Presidential Rolex watches for the couple-in-chief in 18K gold. Read more about the decadence.
- And other fabulous DC hotels with room availability during inauguration include the Mayflower Renaissance, the Mandarin Oriental and the W Washington DC. Just be aware that most require a minimum four-night stay during the inauguration period.
- In America's other power corridor, the Westin New York Grand Central in Manhattan is offering a Presidential Perks Package that puts you in a 950 sq. ft. presidential suite with perks like roundtrip airport transfers in a Cadillac Escalade and in-room iPads loaded with President Obama's favorite music. The package is available Jan. 11 through Feb. 28, 2013.
- And on the left coast, check into the butler-serviced presidential suite at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills for the Stately Leaders Stay Presidential Package that includes a celebration inaugural dinner for you and 40 friends, a custom fitting for a suit (worth up to $5,000) at the Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills and private BMW chauffeur service during your stay.
And that, my friends, is how the one percent stay!
Image of the SLS Beverly Hills courtesy Kayak