My Florida boys are positively yearning for some time in the snow. So I was inspired after reading Judy Koutsky's recent trip report from a stay at Smugglers' Notch Resort in Northern Vermont, a year round resort. The property's kid-friendly touches sound like they rival Disney's for taking the pressure off parents, making fun par for the course and keeping the little ones entertained while allowing for quality adult time, too. A few of the things that jumped out at me after reading her report:
- Kids Night Out Programs are offered for kids ages 4 to 11 on a nightly basis, between the hours of 5:30 pm and 9:30 pm.
- Bike trailers and large wheel strollers are available for rent, all the better to transport your brood.
- The property's eight swimming pools include an indoor pool with a water slide.
- Different accommodation options range from studio apartments to five-bedroom condos.
- A weekly activity booklet is given to you at check-in so you can plan your visit around activities like pony rides, face painting and barbecues.
And get this--Smugglers' Notch even offers a "Family Fun Guarantee" that promises you a refund of the entire program portion of one of your family member's stays if any single one of you participates in a resort activity that you don't think was fun. Sign me up!
Image courtesy Smugglers' Notch Resort