Some resolutions are best put into action after the holiday rush, I say. And it's not too late to live a healthier 2013. Start by booking a stay at one of these fabulous hotels that promise indulgent and enriching wellness offerings for guests:
- The Dolder Grand in Zurich Switzerland has one of the most beautiful wellness areas of any hotel, with a sauna, steam room, indoor and outdoor pools, a lounge area where you bask in tubs filled with warm pebbles overlooking the city's rolling hills and a Snow Paradise room filled with the white stuff where you can truly shock your senses.
- The Westin Grand Cayman on Seven Mile Beach takes yoga to the crystal Caribbean waters with standup paddle board yoga classes
- See what the kettleball workout rage is all about during classes at Sawgrass Golf Resort & Spa in North Florida
- Bask in healing waters derived from eight natural area springs during spa treatments at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Bedford, Pennsylvania
- On the volcanic island of Nevis, long known for its healing appeal, the super luxurious Montpelier Plantation and Beach is holding a yoga retreat on March 24-31, 2013, with daily classes, healthy gourmet meals and the option to add on therapeutic spa treatments
- Winter and spring are the best times to exercise outdoors in Florida, and the new activity program at the Trump International Beach Resort in Miami makes it fun with beach yoga, paddleboard racing, beach bocce ball, "Teen Xtreme Water Sports" for the youngsters, and a new tennis program
- And two Fairmont Properties--the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa and Fairmont Southhampton Bermuda--are offering Bootcamp from the Brain packages in March and April at their Willow Stream spas with a focus on managing stress, communicating more effectively and becoming a master of emotional intelligence (all in very luxurious surrounds, of course)
Cheers to healthy hotels!