What's Special About Grand Cayman Marriott:
Guest Rooms at Grand Cayman Marriott:
- 295 guest rooms
- Large guest rooms and suites have private balconies, white duvets with 300-thread-count sheets, and high-speed Internet access.
- My Junior Suite on the third floor had a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and beach, a very comfortable King-sized bed with a white duvet and plenty of pillows, a sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, a desk and desk chair, a console with a flat-screen TV, and a mini-refridgerator.
- The bathroom was functional and large if not luxe with a single sink and shower/tub combo. Amenities were by Bath & Body Works.
- Rates: $$
- Compare rates on Kayak
Dining at Grand Cayman Marriott:
- Solana, the signature restaurant, has fabulous food served outdoors, which makes for beautiful views and very hot weather - dress accordingly. The Sunday Champagne Brunch is not to be missed.
- Red Parrot in the lobby serves a buffet breakfast with an omelette stand.
- Balboa's Coffee Lounge in the lobby sells pastries, light lunches and coffee. Evenings, Balboa's serves tapas and cocktails.
- Sol Bar serves poolside and beachside until 10:00 pm.
Activities and Amenities at Grand Cayman Marriott:
- Just off the lobby, the tiny but full-service La Mer Spa offers massages, body treatments, and facials and has a nail and hair salon.
- The swimming pool and the narrow beach are a short walk from the rooms, past a lovely courtyard retreat surrounding a turtle habitat.
Good to Know About Grand Cayman Marriott:
- My favorite excursion was the half-day trip to Stingray City. A half-hour ride in a large catamaran takes you to a sandbar where dozens of stingrays congregate. You can swim with them, pet them, and pose for pictures with these docile creatures.
- The resort and Seven Mile Beach face west, for sunset views every night.
Pictures of Grand Cayman Sights:
Getting to Grand Cayman Marriott:
Find a flight to Grand Cayman (Owen Roberts Airport)
Contact Grand Cayman Marriott:
Direct Phone: (345) 949-0088; Reservations: (800) 223-6388
Fax: (345) 949-0288
Web site: Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Reviews of Grand Cayman Marriott:
Have you stayed at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort? Tell me about your trip.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodations for the purpose of reviewing those services. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.