What's Special About Club Med:
Guest Rooms at Club Med:
- 553 guest rooms
- We stayed in a Deluxe Family Suite, which had two small bedrooms, a living area and a shared bathroom with separate tub and shower. Our private terrace overlooked the resort grounds.
- In the Tiara suites, oceanfront family-friendly luxury rooms in a boutique-style resort within the resort, rooms come with extras like turndown service, room service, flat-screen TVs, and free Internet access.
- Room and suite configurations are also available for couples; the resort's web site has floor plans of the different room types.
- Rates: $$
- Compare rates on Kayak
Dining at Club Med:
- La Semana is a buffet, but with so many chef stations freshly plating specialties like lobster and foie gras, it seemed more like we had an army of private chefs.
- Hispaniola is a casual buffet, in an open-air setting overlooking the Caribbean Sea, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Don't miss the chocolate bread!
- Celeste, the beach bar, serves light snacks (chicken skewers with avocado salsa, homemade cookies) and drinks when the other restaurants are closed.
- The open-air bar, with its high-ceilinged palapa-style roof and cushioned outdoor lounge furnishings, is a chic and cozy spot to relax.
Activities and Amenities at Club Med:
- The spa (new for 2009), as far down the beach as possible from the kids' program, is an oasis. An open-air lounge area ends with an infinity-edge pool. Palapas for outdoor massages are set right on the beach. My favorite napping spot was on one of the bed-sized cushioned wicker lounges on the spa's lawn.
- What's your pool mood? Swimming pool options include the popular large main pool, a water park and toddler pool in the Petit Club Med section (open to all families), a private pool in the Tiara Suites section and a small infinity-edged pool at the spa.
Good to Know About Club Med:
- Buildings have no elevators, so families with strollers should request rooms on the first floor.
- Your rudimentary French or Spanish will serve you well with the multilingual staff, most of which speak some English as well.
- Outside Baby Club Med is a supply room open 24 hours for milk (soy also), formula and baby food. Diapers and wipes are available for purchase at the boutique off the lobby.
- No room service in the main section of the resort, although the host at La Semana was happy to help us pack a meal to go when our baby called it an early night.
Kids' Programs at Club Med Punta Cana:
Photos of Your Trip to Club Med Punta Cana:
Getting to Club Med:
Find a flight to Punta Cana Airport
Contact Club Med:
Direct Phone: (1) 809 686 55 00; Reservations: (800) CLUB-MED
Fax: (1) 809 959 52 87
Web site: Club Med
Reviews of Club Med:
Have you stayed at Club Med? Tell me about your trip.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodations for the purpose of reviewing those services. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.