Doña Ana de Lansos y Menendez de Valdez lost her husband in a battle with the Dutch. She donated her home and surrounding land to the church. Inaugurated in 1651, the it became known as Carmelite Convent. Doña Ana was the first to enter the convent and became the first Mother Superior.
Now a hotel in the heart of Old San Juan, the halls still echo with the sound of Doña Ana and her cloister swishing past in silent prayer, their robes stirring a breeze.