What's Special About Ojo Caliente Resort:
Guest Rooms at Ojo Caliente Resort:
Dining at Ojo Caliente Resort:
- The Artesian Restaurant serves Southwestern and seasonal cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Wine and beer is available.
Amenities at Ojo Caliente Resort:
- Guests come to Ojo Caliente for one thing: the hot springs.Ojo Caliente has the distinction of not one but four types of hot springs - lithium, iron, soda and arsenic, each of which is reputed to be beneficial for different ailments, from arthritis to digestion. One hundred thousand gallons a day flow up and through the pools here, all at temperatures hovering around 100 degrees. The mud baths are also popular in the summer.
- Yoga programs, as well as hiking and mountain biking, are available.
- The new full-service spa was scheduled (at my visit) to be complete in summer 2008.
Good to Know about Ojo Caliente Resort:
- In case you really need that email fix, the lobby has Wi-Fi Internet access.
- If you can't go without phone or Internet for too long, get your fix with the wireless Internet connection in the lobby.
- Rates include soaks in the springs every day, even the day you check out.
Contact Ojo Caliente Resort:
50 Highway 414, Ojo Caliente, NM 87549
Phone: (505) 583-2233, toll-free from U.S. (800) 222 9162; Fax: (505) 583-2045
Web site: Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa
Guest Reviews of Ojo Caliente Resort:
"Rarely does any traveler get the chance to visit a resort that's been around for 140 years..."
-- Charlyn Chisholm, visited February 2008