What's Special About Parker Palm Springs:
Guest Rooms at Parker Palm Springs:
- 144 guest rooms
- Interesting touches like a hand painted mini bar menu, grass cloth ceilings, sisal flooring, white brick walls, a white four-poster bed with 50s wooden horse lamps and a Ron Galella print of Jackie O in Central Park.
- The Parker is keen on pampering. At night, soft lambswool rugs are laid out next to your bed. I am a product nut so the bathroom was a real WOW: Hermes and L'Occitane soaps, Molton Brown bath products and Peter Roth sunblock. Need anything? Call the front desk for anything from Moroccan tea to 'counseling.'
- Rooms come equipped with Wi-Fi and a CD/DVD/MP3 player.
- Rates: $
- Compare rates on Kayak
Dining at Parker Palm Springs:
- Norma's is a five-star diner that services breakfast all day in a kitsch indoor restaurant and outdoor terrace. I dug right in to chocolate decadence and mandarin orange French toast, and extra creamy macaroni and cheese with lobster chunks. The chow was worth every calorie!
- I loved lounging on the overstuffed couches and hammocks that are scattered around the gardens. Order up drinks and munchies from the lobby bar; they'll deliver them outside.
- Dinner at mister parker'sis French bistro style. Tucked behind a curtain off the main lobby, a low ceiling, sultry colors and a piano bar complete the mood.
Activities and Amenities at Parker Palm Springs:
- Four red clay tennis courts, two outdoor heated pools with comfortable recliners and access to an 18-hole executive golf course where President Eisenhower hit his only hole in one.
- The divinely decorated Palm Springs Yacht Club has separate men's and women's indoor pools with outside patios, saunas and steam rooms. Choose from a playlist (hip hop to classical) for your treatment room. Afterwards, the staff will offer a dose of wheat grass or a shot of whiskey!
- A 24-hour fully equipped fitness center with floor to ceiling windows is stocked with fresh fruit. There is also a serene wood-floored yoga room for stretching.
Good to Know About Parker Palm Springs:
- Walking paths on the 13-acre property wind around colorful gardens, croquet courts, hammocks and lounge areas with outdoor fireplaces. The grounds are quite magical. No surprise that bunnies run around at dusk.
- Smoking is allowed on the outside grounds.
- Dogs are allowed for an extra fee.
- No need to bring a book. The rooms have stacks of novels by a variety of writers including Jacqueline Suzanne and Harold Robbins.
- If you want some privacy, rent the Gene Autry house with two-bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen and lawn area or one of12 private one bedroom villas.
The Story of the Parker Palm Springs:
Getting to Parker Palm Springs:
Find a flight to Palm Springs International Airport
Contact Parker Palm Springs:
Direct Phone: (760) 770-5000; Reservations: (800) 543-4300
Fax: (760) 324-2188
Web site: Parker Palm Springs
Reviews of Parker Palm Springs:
Have you stayed at Parker Palm Springs? Tell me about your trip.