From the article: Bugs in Hotel Rooms
Who wants to share their hotel room with a creepy, crawly critter? The last things you want to wake up to in a strange place are bugs, bees and rodents. Ever see bugs in your room? (Registration is NOT required.) Had bugs in your room?
Hotel changed their story
- Kids bit for 2 days, welts apparent day three. When bug was seen, hotel transferred room, cleaned our laundry, confirmed bugs had been found. Checking out, they comp'd our bill, but changed story on bugs, which were now carpet beetles. Never again to that chain.
- —Guest sarah johnson
- A well-known and highly rated lux Natchez plantation B&B...our suite was FULL of swarming termites. Front desk: "Are they cute bugs?" We were regulars, now have never returned.
What Bugs? These Bugs!
- Six bugs in one night. One giant ant with wings. Four beetle type bugs, and one spider. All collected put in a cup and took pictures and showed the front desk. Would you believe they try to say I brought them in! No more one night stays in Williamstown, New Jersey.
- —Guest Caroline
Ants in our hotel bed
- We stayed at the Cedars Inn in Wenatchee, Washington and woke up with a large amount of ants in the bed all snuggled up to me. I ended up with 9 bites and my husband with one. What were they doing in the bed? We didn't eat in the bed? I told the morning receptionist and showed her some of the ants we captured and she told the housekeeping manager. She went in and couldn't find any ants in the bed. Well, duh, I freaked out and was brushing them off me and the bed and then dressed before I had the mind to get proof. We also searched around to find where they were coming from but did not find the enterance. It just makes me crazy wondering what could have caused them to get into bed with me!! The floor was filthy and there was some food particles under the bed, along with hair and other nasty dirt. We showered before bed and then got in the shower after the ants and in that short time, our feet were filthy and left dirt in the shower. Yuck! Very poor housekeeping!! Wow what an experience!
Buggy end to a great trip
- We stayed for 3 weeks on Maui and had a great time in the Royal Lahina, beautiful. On our return we had to spend the night in Honolulu to catch the early flight. We booked a 4 star hotel but in arrival we were told that because we arrived after 7, we had told them we would arrive at 7:30, they had sold our room and that they didn't have another. They arranged for a different hotel. It was a -0 star dump. There was a gang of local hooligans hanging out and drinking till 4am in the courtyard and we woke covered with bug bites.
- —Guest Borsia
- i stayed at a travelodge located near el cajon last weekend and lets just say i have 20 bed bug bites all over my body! i didnt even know what a bed bug bite was until i did my homework, i will be calling the hotel to complain! this is so painful!! :(
- —Guest valarie
yuck! NOW I WILL NOT SLEEP A WINK!
- bug in bathroom in my motel room! 1st time for that! Ewww!!! SOME KIND OF LOUSE
- —Guest marsha
Didn't know bedbugs so prevalent
- As a hospitality professional, I recently was educated on the hotel bed bug problem. I did not know they were so prevalent. Guests who come and stay from places where they are more of a problem, can bring them into the establishment where they can go unnoticed for a very long time. Careful measures are usually taken in places with alot of international travel, but they are very difficult to find, short of a complete infestation. Even in small hotels housekeepers should be trained to look for small blood spots on the sheets and headboards should be inspected everytime the bed is made. As it becomes more of a problem we may see this issue more and more.
- —Guest stuffuff
Thought it was a tick...I was wrong!!
- I booked a trip home and stayed in an extended stay hoping to enjoy a 4 day weekend visiting my family and friends.The room I had was on the 3rd floor and was pretty nice.I fell asleep early the first night and when I woke up I was sitting on my bed doing my make up when I looked down and saw this bug crawling.Thinking it was a tick I just went down to the front desk and told them.They offered me a different room but it was much smaller.So I asked for new sheets and said it was no big deal.I would stay in the room I had.AS I was changing the sheets I pulled back the matress to find more of the same bug.I told the front desk and they revealed to me that I HAD to change rooms those were bed bugs.When they came up to my room to steam my stuff they took the head board off the wall to reveal about 50 bugs and over 1000 eggs.The hotel did all my laundry and put me in a much nicer room.I still cant believe I slept in that infested bed overnight.I was very lucky to not get bitten.
- —Guest Michele Gray